Monday, June 3, 2019

What's Making Me Happy This Week




// The kids' summer reading club from the county library. Log minutes of reading and attend library events or community activities to accumulate points. I am looking forward to using the community activities (ie scavenger hunts at a state park, checking out an activity backpack at the wolf preserve) to explore new destinations this summer.

I explained the program to Clem and showed her the webpage. After logging the first book read, the reading log shows each cover - it's a really terrific interface. In the morning she woke up and told me: I read Ladybug Girl to myself after I went to bed - LOG IT!


// This incredible video from the Hong Kong Ballet:





// This cast iron skillet blueberry pie was really easy and so cute!



// I found this recipe recently and am eager to try it! I ordered the tonic syrup and bitters.






// Finally reading Wolf Hall by Hilary Mantel after watching the BBC miniseries several years ago. It's long so I'll be reading that and Ruth Reichl's memoir Save Me the Plums this month.



No comments:

Post a Comment