Tuesday, October 8, 2019

Lately


// Josie, seeing a deer: We should kill deer. They have ham in their body.

   Back story: 1) Luke doesn't shy away from the brutalities of food sourcing  2) Josie loves ham!


// Josie, holding a rhinestone hair clip of mine: ooooo I love this clip. When you're dead I'm going to wear it.



// Clem telling JOKES! Earlier in the summer we went to a summer reading kick-off event at the library. A performer used this visual gag, saying "Bet you can't wait to this this!" and produced a big sign that said "THIS". Most kids there were pre-literate anyway and the only laughs were [groans] from the parents. I didn't notice Clementine react at all and thought she couldn't read that fast or just didn't get it because puns haven't entered her consciouness yet.

Later that day she came around the corner and TOLD THE JOKE! I was floored.




She also said:

C: knock knock
Me: who's there?
C: BOO
Me: BOO WHO?!

peals of laughter


// Luke was really impressed with an interaction that he observed at the pool; Josie had a nice new PINK pool noodle and another little girl wanted it:


Little girl: I want that pool noodle. Can I have it? [offers trade for ratty noodle]
Josie: No, this is my noodle. I can help you find another pink one. [shows girl the noodle cache]


// Josie, as we pull into the mall parking lot: I've been here before! Grandma Tiemin, Clementine, and Josie (which is me), we've been here before.


// We play a nightly game of "I'm thinking of something that begins with the letter [x]". Josie especially likes a Disney version. A recent game included:

Me: I'm thinking of something you drive that begins with a V!

Clem: Van! But I thought you were going to say "vehicle".  (Vehicle??!!)



// Clementine's drawing of herself in a spotlight [shining light] holding a microphone.




Some snaps.

Pizza at Katie's.













After her weeks in Michigan, she produced this artwork (apropos of?). It's a statue, she said, we saw it in Michigan! I googled it -- she was right! I was only somewhat relieved.




// Clementine, regarding her upcoming choir audition: What if they clap too much and mess me up?


// C calls her Spanish teacher "Miss Senora Mitchell".


// Clem dressed up as a fairy: "Do you have any wishes? I can come-true them".

No comments:

Post a Comment