Sunday, January 24, 2021

What's Making Me Happy This Week

 

// I love Poshmark in general but lately I've been finding Eileen Fisher silk shells to wear under shirts and sweaters for less than $20.  These were created as sustainably as possible and EF takes all EF garments back for $5 an item for reselling/repurposing/recycling when you're done using them.


// Second annual screening mammogram: negative!


// Josie and I read Olivia and the Fairy Princesses in which she channels Martha Graham.  That lead to some googling of Martha Graham and we watched 15 minutes of Appalachian Spring - fascinating.





// I had an idea to use purple sweet potato in the brown butter sweet potato cinnamon rolls I made for Christmas - imagine, lavender cinnamon rolls! The girls would love it!  I roasted the purple sweet potato and mashed the flesh.  When I stirred the potato-milk-butter mixture into the flour, it was clear the dough was too dry but I forged ahead, kneading the dough with the stand mixer.  After kneading, it proofed for 90 minutes... and didn't rise at all.  As an added insult, the dough was not the vivid lavender I had hoped for, but a sickening pink-gray.

I turned the dough over in the bowl... and found that I had created a BRAIN!





// Bernie memes!  An inauguration highlight for me.  Feels good to laugh.







// This Y'all Need Science enamel pin from Pin Alchemy 




// Alice the oliver egger laid the first egg!  The chickens are 24 weeks now.  I saw Alice exhibit the "submissive squat" behavior recently and I don't check the nesting box very often, but thought I would take a peek.  There in the straw, a light green egg!  Such a thrill.




No comments:

Post a Comment