Friday, April 9, 2021

Easter weekend 2021

 

We usually spend Easter in Texas (2014 //  2015  // 2016 part 1 part 2 // 2017 // 2018 // 2019) but

2020 lockdown

2021 not ready to travel 


We had a quiet weekend at home followed by a few days of vacation for me.

Easter 2021 according to my camera roll:


While I was waiting at the racquet club, the owner brought over these warm cinnamon rolls for the girls and me.  You know what's better than warm fuzzies? Warm sugaries. It was such a wonderful unexpected gesture. Thank you, Dan! 





Every day I check the grape vine... and it is alive! 




Raspberry and blackberry bushes greening up.





On Saturday, C and I went to Nachomama's and brought our tacos to a little park (her suggestion: let's have a picnic), Michael's for art supplies, The Container Store for a container* for my burgeoning Olive & June collection, Athleta for the outfit C liked so much she wore it for the next three days, and Laurie's for the Keens I buy them every summer.  Later I ran to CVS for the very last two readymade Easter baskets (whew).

*I explained to the saleswoman, age twentysomething, several times that I was "basically looking for a Caboodle" and finally she said, "I don't know what that is." Oof.


On Sunday morning I went to spin class and then tennis in the park with Luke.  We started driving to find some lunch and settled on Burger King, because it was open. And it might have been the most terrible fast food meal we've ever had.  Again Clemmie had the great idea of going to a park. 






A horse trailer parked not far from our picnic spot.















This lovely man called to the girls: do you want to pet the horses?

(This horse was so tall in order to swing up into the saddle the rider gave a signal and it extended its legs forward and backward to bring its back a bit lower.)







Such a thrill for them. (Josie to the rider: This horse is a paint. I know it from my book.)






More playground time.


















Can I explain why there are two Christmas stockings and a fly swatter hanging from the mantel? No.

This is to remember Josie's newly-arrived American Girl doll joining her in the Harry Potter flow in Cosmic Kids Yoga.





At some point in the weekend, the bathroom door opened a sliver and this was handed to me in a curious display of regard for my privacy/disregard for my privacy. 






I had given up on the asparagus that was planted in the fall - but lo!






Days off:





Visit from my garden coaches. SO VALUABLE!!!





They brought potatoes to plant:






Another grape check.




More tennis!





Lunch with mom.




No comments:

Post a Comment