Monday, February 11, 2013

Anecdotes & Observations


♦ Luke and Clementine have the same little cartilaginous ear nodule!  Luke accepts this as incontrovertible evidence of paternity.




♦ Even though I gained 30 pounds during pregnancy, postnatal day 11 finds me only 10 pounds from my pre-pregnancy weight.  Holy diuresis, Batman!

♦ Although we have been treated to it only a handful of times (and each around 3 a.m.), Clementine's full-on wail assures me she inherited her father's vital capacity, along with the ear nodule.

♦ From the couch: Netflix's House of Cards is such a great show.  WATCH, Y'ALL.  The writing is excellent and the cinematography is gorgeous.  (Only beefs: the rest of the cast acts circles around Kate Mara; the Hispanic character of Linda Vasquez is played by an Indian actress.  Why??)  I've started listening to Molly Wizenberg's A Homemade Life. 

♦ So glad to be nursing in the age of the smartphone.  Handy for Pinterest-ing, Googling articles about pacifier use, taking a zillion pictures of C while taking care to keep one or both of my giant moon-boobs out of the frame.

Any recommendations for shows, audiobooks, or other hands-free diversion, readers?  I'm planning to watch Breaking Bad and Homeland at some point, and start listening to NPR (my commute pastime).  I miss you, Steve Inskeep!







 

No comments:

Post a Comment