Monday, October 19, 2015

Sunday in the Park(s)


Weekend recap or Every Photo I Took This Weekend. On Friday we had takeout and watched Love & Mercy. Netflix and chill for the older set, I'm afraid. The next day I went to Alamo 180's supertough Saturday workout and C and I went to the nursery for winter greens and vegetable plants.

Before:


After:



Wish me luck! I planted broccoli, cauliflower, Swiss chard (my old CSA nemesis), bok choy, and a variety of lettuce and herbs.

Then I got eyelash extensions because everyone in SA has them and now I look like this


via GIPHY

Houseplant run.


Doesn't this one look like a dragon, specifically Maleficent's wings? No?



Sunday funday kicked off with brunch at Oliva - a new farm to table restaurant downtown. So good! The girls couldn't get enough shrimp grits, which proves my point that they'll eat anything really salty. 




We walked through Market Square and to Milam Park.






This holiday car shirt and cat socks are her favorite right now.














A mural depicting the installation of a mural about lions. (??)


Crossed feet on the way home. Naps - grocery run for milk and bananas - nursery again for houseplants ICANTHELPMYSELF.


McNay art museum for Joan Miro exhibit.


'Smile!"



'Smile!' 

This should be the new Grumpy Cat meme.


'Smile!'


Weekend highlight: C took one look at this painting and shouted,"it's a party hat!"

WHICH IT TOTALLY LOOKS LIKE (the striped triangle).


"I wanna wun awound."











Hooker, line, and sinker, folks. How wonderful is this man?




We drove around waiting for dinner inspiration and settled on Thai but everything was closed. We ended up at Dough - our last visit was well over a year ago. "The water is really good," Luke recalled. "I remember the water is just really good." According to the server, the water is indeed specially filtered. We shared burrata with marinara smeared on crusty bread, a side of seared polenta with butternut squash, sage, and bacon, a pizza, and panna cotta drizzled with caramel and ringed by macerated red grapes and golden raisins. I had completely forgotten how phenomenal their food is.

Happy fall, y'all!

No comments:

Post a Comment