Saturday, December 26, 2020

Josie's Sixth Birthday


When the mom of Josie's best friend from kindergarten asked us to her birthday party, I knew Josie would be so thrilled -- she had not seen any of her friends in months. Then I asked... would you mind terribly if we also acknowledged Josie's birthday the next week? [Since we would not have a party...]

She was so gracious and said absolutely.



Look at Josie's face. Pure joy! She had pizza and cake with her friends and played outside. 




For her actual birthday dinner, she requested cake pans pizzas from the ATK My First Cookbook. I made the dough the night before.




The day before I thought about the yard signs that our neighbors had had for their birthdays and how much Josie would love that ... luckily one business had last minute availability! Luke brought the girls home from camp and they squealed with delight.





The girls assembled their own pizzas. 



Pointing out the big day in her new Cinderella costume.







Polly Pocket is her favorite toy of the moment.








// My birthday was decidedly low key: I read Thomas Chatterton Williams' Losing My Cool most of the day.  A couple weeks before I decided on nachos as birthday meal, but Nachomama's is closed on Sundays! Luke picked up Chevy's nachos for lunch ... I'm going to need a re-do at Nachomama's.   After the girls went to bed we watched Perry Mason on HBO. We rarely watch tv together and it was so nice to have several weeks of appointment television.

No comments:

Post a Comment