Monday, August 27, 2012

Likes & Finds


Envy apples just showed up at Central Market and they are - YES - better than Honeycrisp apples.


L'Oreal Colour Riche le Balm in Heavenly Berry ($8)  So pretty, SPF 15, can apply without looking.


Letters of Note, a blog devoted to "correspondence deserving of a wider audience."  My favorite so far is this beautiful condolence letter written by the screenwriter of Rebel Without a Cause to the aunt and uncle of James Dean.


The rediscovered deliciousness of cinnamon toast.   The first bite with the dissipating granularity of the sugar and the melted butter...how could I have forgotten?  And how can I stop making it every day now that I've remembered?


"The Sense of an Ending" by Ann Patchett on the loss of her beloved dog, Rose.  (Vogue September 2012)  Unfortunately I can't find a link to share with you --- it's in the giant September issue with Lady Gaga on the cover.  (Luke: 'What is this magazine?  [Flipping pages] It's just...pictures of girls with lots of eye makeup.')



via

Saw one of my favorite bands, Those Darlins, this weekend.  This song is just so great/hilarious/catchy, and I complimented the singer/songwriter Nikki Darlin on it after the show.

Night jogger... what are you running from?



 

1 comment:

  1. I don't see how it is possible for an apple to be more delicious than a honeycrisp apple. I must try one!

    ReplyDelete