Tuesday, October 16, 2012

Likes & Finds


 
One of the secrets of a happy life is continuous small treats.
Iris Murdoch

A skincare/makeup best-of list, starting with my newest find:

Boscia Oil-free Hydration SPF 15 ($36) I wish it had a little more SPF oomph, but what it does have is superior texture and matte finish without velvetiness.  Go get yourself some.

Armani Luminous Silk foundation  ($59) The best.  (But Julie, it's $59!  I know.  Just think of all the inferior products in the wrong shade you won't buy.)

YSL lipsticks ($32)  Again, get a pink and a red and something exciting and then no more lipsticks ever.  The Goldlilocks of lipstick - just-right texture (not glossy-not matte), staying power, and great colors.  I was wearing No. 19 (Fuchsia) when some guy came up to me and said, 'I like your lipstick.  It would look trashy on other people, but on you it looks nice.' AND NOW WE'RE HAVING A BABY. I don't know how else to convince you that this is special stuff.


via


Speaking of The Baby, nursery planning starts with accessories, no?  How cute are these elephants? (Cecil & Clyde)

Daily nostalgia fix: Dear Photograph

Not exactly my taste but full of great interior design ideas, tips and strategies: Southern Living Style

Tee hee: Hilarious how the other professionals cannot keep a straight face as Dr. Ruth dispenses her advice.






 

1 comment:

  1. always like hearing that lipstick story :)and that elephant is adorable.

    ReplyDelete