Monday, September 25, 2017

What's Making Me Happy This Week


// When I realized I warn the girls [to hush, to turn off the lights, to tidy up] "Daddy's coming!" precisely in the style of The Wire:





// I'm going to re-watch The Wire someday but first is Transparent (season 4 debuted on Friday!), Orange is the New Black, ten more episodes of Season 2 of Outlander... so much good TV! Not to mention movies. Still haven't seen Wonder Woman! Lady Gaga's Five Foot Two! I listened to Pop Culture Happy Hour's fall movie preview and I'm eager to see The Florida Project -- the director's earlier work Tangerine was so great (and shot on an iPhone!)

// Speaking of Outlander, it's an average show but so fun to watch. I watch an episode then listen to the podcast by the show runner and staff discussing each episode. Sometimes he brings on the writer of the episode, the producer, or the costume designer who is his wife. I enjoy hearing about the process - adapting the novels, casting, shooting locations, what's real versus CGI.

// I loved this essay.

// Eating foraged foods for the first time. Amanda and I attended a FoodRoof fundraiser that included a pop up by soon-to-open Bulrush restaurant. Atop the corn soup is a croquette made of acorns!



// Looks like fall, feels like summer: a visit to Carondelet Park for the Strange Folk Festival on a very hot Sunday afternoon.






"Take a pitcher of my jumping!"




No comments:

Post a Comment