Wednesday, September 20, 2017

Lately


Josie's Language is Developing So Much and It Makes Me So Happy

Facetiming with Daddy:

Luke: Hi girls!

Josie: [deadpan; Clem was downstairs] There's only one girl here.


Earth Science

Luke to Clementine, watching Bambi for the first time: Is Bambi going to be safe from the fire in the river?

Clem: No, there are sharks.

Josie: SHARKS LIVE IN SALTWATER! (Then she mumbled to herself for assurance, sharks live in saltwater.... I fink sharks live in saltwater...)



Princess Movies > Sports

Me: I'm going to find you a new swim coach now that Miss Alyssa went to college.

Clem: A coach? Like Cinderella?




Prodigal Pascal
One of Clementine's birthday presents was a plastic figurine of Rapunzel's chameleon sidekick Pascal. He was lost promptly because of his small size. Sometimes I ask the girls where he's gone and lately Josie says:
I think he went back to Tangled.
Me: Back to the movie?
Yes.
I ordered a new Pascal and Luke and I are plotting his re-discovery. I'm hoping the girls will be beside themselves with his reappearance - delighting them is the highlight of our lives - but likely they will be nonchalant.


No comments:

Post a Comment