Tuesday, February 20, 2018

What's Making Me Happy This Week


// Attending two fantastic author events - the authors were fantastic, the events were fantastic.

Dar Williams at Novel Neighbor. Nineteen year old me never thought she would be sitting so close to her!




George Saunders at the public library. So funny, so smart, so charming -- have you listened to Lincoln in the Bardo? I haven't read the book but the audiobook is superb.






// Drinking a protein shake in the morning. My trainer introduced me to a chocolate-flavored whey protein that is Not Gross. Not good, but not gross. And that's good enough.



// After I read Tribe by Sebastian Junger I've recommended it to everybody. Funnily enough, it shares many themes with Dar Williams' book What I Found In A Thousand Towns - the desperate, innate need for community, the necessity of struggle, etc. We're going to do a trial of the girls sharing a room based on a persuasive line of thinking in this book! I got a lot out of it and it's a quick read. Highly recommend.


// Managing magazine subscriptions through Amazon makes things so much easier! I cancelled most of mine and re-subscribed through Amazon to consolidate them. When we moved, updating our address was so fast instead of "what's my password..." "enter your account number..."


// Knife Skills documentary. I heard a brief interview with the filmmaker and thought, I have to see it! But where?

Then I saw a link somewhere else - watch Knife Skills for free! (It's been purchased by Conde Nast). You can watch here. I only wish it had been more in depth. People are doing amazing things for each other - it's so nice to be reminded.




No comments:

Post a Comment