Friday, February 9, 2018

Clem's Birthday Extravaganza


Other than a shared party with an older cousin, we've never done anything other than cake at home for their birthdays. This year was different!

I ordered pink and purple cupcakes from La Bonne Bouchee for her class. That night, her actual birthday, we surprised Clementine with Disney On Ice as her gift after a quick Subway dinner after school and work. The show consists of 4 vignettes: The Little Mermaid, Tangled, Beauty and the Beast, and Frozen.

They loved it! Josie said: I liked it when Ariel fwipped. I liked the stagecraft - it was much more elaborate than I expected. Josie couldn't let go of the scene in which Gaston stabs the Beast. All the way home:

Do you be-member when Gaston had a knife?

30 seconds later

Why did Gaston hurt da Beast?

30 seconds later

Do you be-member when Gaston had a knife?




Clem wanted ALL of the light-up wands and spinning-light-up things but Luke said, "no honey, those are junk. You don't want junk, it will break."

Cut to Clementine frantically waving down the concessionaires going up and down the stairs and shouting, "I want junk! Junk! I want junk! I want that junk!"






Friday night: Indian Friday, movie night, and setting up party stuff.





Getting ready for Saturday's party.

Me: I asked you to put on pants.
Josie: I wanted wings.



I asked the girls to draw some pictures as decorations for the unicorn party.

Clem drew "a sunset, with a sunset sky."




Unicorn, a fence, and our family. We are wearing party hats and holding carrots for the unicorn.




My mom brought this beautiful (and delicious) cake with matching cupcakes from WashMO.





The girls knew it was a unicorn party but they didn't know a pony would make an appearance!




I love this photo: the glee on Josie's face, Clementine's curious apprehension.







One hour and forty-five minutes of unicorn rides for all interested/brave-enough kids. We lucked out with a 40 degree day in a week with near-single digit temperatures.






STL folks: the pony was from Cowboy Critters and they were great.





Those post-party blues.




After some downtime it was off to our municipality's daddy daughter dance at the police station.

Me: Clementine, you're going to a dance! It's like... going to a ball.
Clem: (dreamily) Am I going to fall in love?







Luke said she loved the photo booth with props and got in line over and over... her favorite was an Incredible Hulk mask. I'm a monster! Look at my teef!

Listening to the (kid friendly) Top 40 DJ songs: When are they going to play the real music? (Luke thinks she was expecting waltzes).


We slept in, had a lazy morning, I made my first visit to Global Foods, and we went to dance lessons before the weather turned bitterly cold and blustery. It was a perfect afternoon to spend at home - I started cooking from my new Indian cookbook.





MagnaTiles during the Super Bowl. I bought them at least two years ago and they are now starting to play with them.






Daddy Daughter Adventure Day: a train ride from Kirkwood to WashMO. Lunch at a pizza place with Pop Pop and a delayed trip back.

Happy birthday, C! We love you so much.



First birthday // Second birthday // Third birthday // Fourth birthday
SaveSave

No comments:

Post a Comment