Tuesday, January 30, 2018

Just A Fun Weekend


Friday morning rough start.







Friday night Luke had a gig so the girls and I ate fish sticks and watched Pocahontas. 

Saturday: morning at the gym (swimming with the girls and my workout; Luke played basketball) and lunch at Smashburger. (Josie and I decided we wanted cheeseburgers - or 'hanna-bunnas wif cheese on it' as she calls them - the night before). 





Clem assembled a bag of accessories for our afternoon.






#1 dad



Princess Unicorn.



And Moana. (I was wearing a flower headband that Jenny wore as Frida Kahlo to Stachebash 2010.)




Beta testing Geordi LaForge costume.




Wearing the only pair of sunglasses in the car. (#1 dad)




Our first trip to Mid East Market in Ballwin. They have at least 3 kinds of rose water! I've never cooked with it but Bon Appetit had a recent article that inspired me to seek it out. I bought a bunch of sauces, pickles, and chutneys to try.







I made pizza dough, tomato sauce, and chocolate pots de creme for Sunday dinner and brown butter cardamom banana bread because there's always a bunch of overripe bananas on the counter. Saturday night: fish sticks and Pocohontas!

Sunday morning: an hour of swimming in the deeper pool, Luke and I paired with one girl as they swam and swam and swam. C is beginning to become a more proficient swimmer; Josie isn't there yet but can float well.

Swimsuits off - street clothes on - lunch of grilled cheese at the cafe - dance clothes on - street clothes on...

Dance lessons.





Jenny stopped by for a visit and dessert in the afternoon. Pizza for dinner





with Amanda and Cameron.






That night when I sat with Josie before bed I asked her about her favorite part of dance class. She answered that it is when they leap over the spot-holders on the floor "when we weep [leap] the stars."
SaveSave

No comments:

Post a Comment