Thursday, January 25, 2018

Nine Days in January


Luke went to Texas for nine days. But we survived! It was challenging to get the girls to school by 7:30 - workworkwork - pick them up - get dinner ready - bedtime routine ... and repeat. I was on call on night and more than once had to tell the person who called me "hold on a second - I can't hear you! I have to get away from my children."




My mom popped over for a couple of hours and I used that time to re-up on art supplies at Michael's.








We swam both weekend days. It was bitterly cold but worth it - they were so exhausted. They fell asleep easily those nights and I read, wrote on the blog, and watched Wonder Woman.




'"Take a picture of my chip."




This idea for a huge roll of paper for tracing their outlines was from The Artful Parent. I traced them as mermaids...




Clem 1) is very insistent about tracing or copying things and 2) our inventory expert. I have no idea where she found this bra and I'm pretty sure she found the purple one deliberately (most Ariel-like).










Self-portrait by Clem. She remembered her bangs!





Unfortunately this feather-and-glue project didn't hold their attention long - but the dining room still looks like backstage at a Vegas revue.




Tiny Baby is a toy that makes me smile because C swiped it from our very first daycare. She's small and lost easily - sometimes for months - but when she reappears (this time Josie found her in a closet)  C is so happy.

Also note: three headbands.





Next morning. Two headbands "because I'm a unicorn princess."





Loveys put to bed.





I was really impressed by Josie's watercolor Merida. She chose exactly the right color for her hair.






Their artwork side by side. Isn't it amazing the difference 17 months makes?




These paint sticks are great.





On Friday night a sitter came over and I went to a square dance with the squad. Saturday morning we had a playdate with new friends.

Luke was on the early Sunday flight from San Antonio and we picked him up at 9 am. We made it! Later that day was the girls' first dance lesson at their new studio. They loved it! Everyday they've asked - we're going to our dance lesson TODAY?!




Josie is in the mid-age range for this class - is taller than almost everyone.





Sunday night: meal prep (roasted sausages and veggies and quinoa) and a dinner of sous vide ribeye with an ancho-coffee rub and green beans.




C and I worked on her posters for the door of her classroom - she's the Star of the Week.


"Favorite Animal"




"Favorite Lovey"




That night Josie wandered the house, emerging from her room in different garments each time. (Lately she's been wearing either a swim coverup or a swim dress over her pajamas.) She added a unicorn tail.



SaveSaveSaveSaveSaveSaveSaveSave

No comments:

Post a Comment