Wednesday, April 18, 2018

What's Making Me Happy This Week



// THIS is the yeast breakdown I've been waiting for --> Stella Parks talks yeast on the Serious Eats blog. I'm finally going to understand it.

// Tom Ford Tobacco Vanille perfume - so spicy, so smoky. I went back to the fragrance counter looking for something more springy and got samples of two more TF perfumes, Rive d'Ambre and Vert Boheme. The latter smells like a lawn on fire, in the best way.

// My seedlings are growing! I think I need to transplant to slightly larger pots soon (this weekend).




Luke assembled the raised beds so as soon as the SNOW FLURRIES stop (!), the planting begins! Three weeks, perhaps? 





// Hamilton Beach breakfast sandwich maker. This gadget has been at Luke's studio for months. When I bought the girls Egg McMuffins on the way to school (Josie, delighted: it's an egg burger!) I was reminded to get it back. I picked up fixins and made them egg, Canadian bacon, and cheddar sandwiches and, for myself, a sandwich with egg, prosciutto, provolone, baby spinach and arugula, and sundried tomato pesto. So delicious! Nothing better than a homemade home-assembled hot breakfast.

// Getting the girls' rooms painted this week. We have many house projects planned and it feels great to have checked one off.


1 comment: