Tuesday, May 1, 2018

What's Making Me Happy This Week


// The Florida Project. I've been waiting for this movie from the library for weeks (why? because it's free and provides a timeline in which to watch it. AND anticipation makes things more enjoyable!) This movie made me think and also made me a nervous wreck. I highly recommend it. (Willem Dafoe received a lot of acclaim for his performance but I liked the unknowns better. The whole time I saw Willem Dafoe or the fish from the dentist's tank in Finding Nemo... he was the sticking point in my suspension of disbelief.)




// Making plans to go to Vicia soon. Haven't been to a new restaurant in a while.


// Seeing Curtis Sittenfeld speak at the library. (I need to read her books now.) Our library has such an active speaker series -- and most events are free!


// New additions to my cookbook shelf: The Perfect Cake, The Perfect Cookie, Bollywood Kitchen, and Cast Iron Dump Cakes. The author of the Bleubird blog used to write a semiweekly post, Sunday's Cake. Using that inspiration plus my love for project baking, I plan to start Just Desserts Sunday - little get-togethers with cake/pie/whatever. Many baking projects are multi-step and can be accomplished over a couple of days. And at the end there's cake!

// Making me miserable this week - going off allergy meds so I can get skin testing done and hopefully back on allergy shots, as onerous as that will be. 'Snot fun, friends.




No comments:

Post a Comment