Thursday, May 31, 2018

Liking Lately


A combo of What's Making Me Happy This Week with a few Favorite Products thrown in...



// I saw these ring popsicle molds at Home Goods and bought them for the girls. For a second I thought I'd make my own popsicle recipe, but opted for the much more expedient bottle of mixed berry Simply Delicious juice. It takes less than a cup of juice to make a tray of 6 - it's a great small dessert. (When I had a dog I remember reading some quote by the Dog Whisperer that dogs only understand the concept of "one" - it doesn't matter if you give them a small morsel of dog biscuit or a steak - it's the unit of one that matters.)

image via

// The Chantelle Soft Stretch collection: I have several styles and they are so comfortable! (I also like the Wacoal B Fitting and Cotton Suede undies).


// Sports bra: I'm going to slowly replace all the ones I don't like that migrate to the bottom of the pile with this Zella one that is so comfortable yet supportive.


// This Eileen Fisher shirt that I'm going to wear all summer - to work, on the weekend, without fear of it getting stained, etc. Spendy but so flexible and ethically made, down to the dye. #costperwear


// Finding my favorite sunglasses - spending some solo time with Clemmie.




sidenote: I'm getting a keratin blowout in a couple of weeks because I cannot handle my natural hair texture in the summer. I leave for spin class at 5:15, home by 6:30, and either run out of time or interest before I have to go to work. Looking forward to losing a step (the ineffective blow-dry) from this routine. 


// Refried black beans, from a can, topped with pickled red onions and a spoonful of sour cream.


// Hospital cafeteria pro tip, breakfast edition:

  Step one: Ask for one (generous) scoop of breakfast potatoes with two made-to-order over-easy eggs on top.

  Step two: Ask for a sriracha packet (15 cents) from the secret stash behind the register and make your own sriracha mayo (mayo packets are free).

  Step three: Enjoy perfect eggs dabbed with sriracha mayo over crispy potato cubes. Whoever said you can't buy happiness obviously didn't have $3.85 and a thorough knowledge of the grill station.


// This chartreuse short tree/tall bush outside my spin studio. What is it? It's beautiful. I'm getting a yard consultation next week to jazz things up out there (my goals: stunning but also low maintenance) and this color/texture is my inspiration.






No comments:

Post a Comment