Saturday, May 5, 2018

Party On Your Side



Almost as soon as we were back from Texas (or so it felt), Luke and his bandmates drove to Texas for a week of gigs.

Waving goodbye to Vanna White...





Cut to the next weekend where we had a slow morning at home






Then a visit to the gym, Target, and the library. On the way from the library we passed a car dealership with pennant flags and Clementine shouted, "PARTY ON YOUR SIDE, JOSIE!"

Needing a couple of ceramic pots, we went to nursery where, unfortunately, there was a cat. The girls petted the cat while I made my purchases and we headed to the library "wif the slide" [the Daniel Boone branch with a great kid area] and the carousel. About halfway to the carousel Josie said, "I can't see!" and I turned whipped around to see her eyes clenched shut. She could see but the cat fur caused her eyes to water and swell a bit and her nose to start running. I got her home ASAP for allergy meds and albuterol (luckily she showed no asthma symptoms.)

Before the cat. "Take a picture of us dancing!"







Clementine didn't understand why we couldn't go to the carousel so I made it up to them the next day.






Despite having ridden on many carousels, including this one, Clem balked about riding a horse. "I might not hold on strongly enough," she fretted.











That oddity was a foreshadowing of her last ballet class of the session two hours later, during which she frowned, dragged her feet, needed encouragement just to participate, etc. Later she said it was because "everyone was watching me"- during the last session parents are seated inside the room.





After ballet we drove to my parents' house for a visit. Josie had loose stools that day, unusual for her but she had no other complaints. Imagine our surprise during dinner when Josie vomited on the table. With Luke still in Texas, Josie stayed with my parents so I could work the next day. Clem and I drove back to St Louis - a weird feeling to have only one kid for the night.

Josie got better.

Luke came back.

I got the GI bug! For days! gah!


Circus Flora on Thursday night. The girls were so excited for the show. Can I have the blue drink??? Clem pleaded.






"Riding without a helmet. That's not safe." -- Clem watching the Flying Wallendas





One of the featured performers was multi-hyphenate Amy G who in addition to being a great singer and comedienne could roller skate on this tiny platform!




Taking a photo with Amy after the show.





No comments:

Post a Comment