Tuesday, August 7, 2018

Family Reunion



Our family reunion weekend kicked off with the girls' most anticipated event of the year - the fair! Luke was in TX so my dad joined me to shepherd the girls through the rides. It was ominous and dark all day but never rained - a relief because it was our only opportunity to go and the girls had such a great time last year.













The girls went home with Pop Pop to visit with cousins...




... and I joined them for dinner the next night.

Here is Josie with her favorite, Uncle Brett!





After dance class the next day: family reunion in Tower Grove Park including my dad's sisters, their spouses, and all the cousins (and their kids!) The weather was perfect: sunny, bright, not hot.



















On the bus for a tour of family history with Amanda!







Telling a story ... 








Kunkel house, Jefferson Avenue. This is just north of Cherokee and Jefferson and I've driven by many many times - and had NO idea members of my family lived there for decades.





Amanda's button failed her but luckily I had (of all things) a Dolly Parton pin in my purse!





One of two family plots, Bellefontaine Cemetery.





Family trivia night, Shrewsbury.











Team names based on favorite foods of the paterfamilias:







We sat out the bike ride in Defiance and caught up with the crowd at my parents' house for Sugarfire bbq:











It was huge effort to organize all the families and SO much fun! So many highlights but sharing stories at the trivia night had us roaring with laughter.


No comments:

Post a Comment