Tuesday, August 28, 2018

Late Summer






A weekend from our summer, when unicorns are possible.


On Friday night Luke left for a gig as soon I as I arrived home with Josie. I made turkey sandwiches and we watched My Little Pony. I read a few magazines from the giant stack in the to-read pile. I love Friday nights at home.


Saturday: stopped by work for a little bit; attended a sashiko embroidery class at Bowood Farms.







As soon I as got home Luke left for another gig. It was an unbelievably hot and muggy day and I needed to go to Costco "but before that, let's go to the carousel and butterfly house!" I told the girls brightly. (This brightness dimmed with every second outside).

We listened to The Music Man soundtrack as we drove that day, with Clem shouting, "BUT HE DOESN'T KNOW THE TERRITORY!" at the end of the first number and asking, "why does Trouble start with a capital T?"










Josie: I can't see. It's too bwight.





Clem sustained a small scratch along the way that she fretted about...





Until a large, stricken butterfly was found. "Maybe it's resting."













Costco was miserable - so busy, so hot outside - but fiddleleaf figs were $15.99!


That night we ate fish fillets (like fish sticks, but wider!) and fruit and watched Tangled. Luke came home very late and the next morning I crept out of the house for an 8 am spin class. Josie told me in hushed tones, "Daddy is sleeping ... even we have to be quiet ... even we have to tip toe."

The day already oppressively humid and warm at 10 am when we went to a fair held by our gym/community center. I told the girls: get dressed for the fair! and they emerged like so...































The fair!




Spritzing a duck with water.















Dunked!




It was very hot in the fire truck...







To a deli for lunch. Baby's first pastrami on rye.













Josie and I went to Target and came home to meal prep for the week and prepare dinner, beer-and-harissa broiled shrimp. Jenny came over for dinner; our family day was complete!












































No comments:

Post a Comment