Tuesday, March 26, 2019

What's Making Me Happy This Week


Things I'm thinking about, reading, enjoying...



// When we took the girls to Disney On Ice, Clem clamored for the light-up wands, giant plastic cups, noise-makers and we told her "oh, you don't want that junk!" She responded by yelling at us / the vendors, waving madly: "I want junk! I want that junk! JUNK!!!" I thought about that (and the Polly Pockets, squishy toys that disintegrate immediately, McDonald's toys...) when I read this article about pathological consumption.


// Scampi butter. The grocery store sells several compound butters and this one is very garlicky and delicious. Thaw shrimp in a colander, throw in pan with butter, saute until pink --> a tasty dinner in no time. I bought more shrimp tonight at Costco for exactly this dinner plan.


// Paula's Choice Omega+ moisturizer. I bought a new moisturizer to use with the new powerhouse Retin-A I've started. (I was hoping my vitiligo would fight off my melasma, but no such luck). The texture of the moisturizer is fabulous - sort of fluffy. For a long time I used every mattifying, satin-finish product I could find but now I embrace having downright shiny skin. (Thank you, Katie Jane Hughes!) One, I apply five skin care products THEN sunscreen every morning - matte isn't happening - and two, shiny skin is youthful skin!






// Being AHEAD in my reading goal so far this year. I've read or listened to eight books so far. My favorites: the audiobook version of The Mermaid and Mrs Hancock - the narrator is so wonderful - and A Gate at the Stairs by Lorrie Moore. Right now I'm reading Isaac Mizrahi's memoir - next up is Madeline Miller's Circe.

No comments:

Post a Comment