Monday, April 15, 2019

A Perfect Sunday



These days rush by so quickly. I wanted to capture just one.



A morning ride at CycleBar.


Said goodbye to Mike and Justin, who had spent 12 days with us working on Luke's new album.


Was greeted with this serenade on the melodica:









Swim lessons for C. Josie had a cough and couldn't swim; she had a snack and did a sticker book with me in the lobby. Meanwhile, Luke tidied up the house.


Big Muddy Dance Company, "Footnotes", at the Grandel Theatre. We sat in a booth. The performances were marvelous. Clementine asked me during a jazz instrumental, "where are they?" and I said, "this is the best part - you get to use your IMAGINATION." "They're at the beach," she replied. And a few seconds later the vocals began - Sarah Vaughan's "Key Largo".  ?!?!!












It was one of the first warm(ish) days.




I went grocery shopping while the girls played in the sprinkler.











I made: two pie doughs for slab pies; sous vide tuna steak and chicken breast for our lunches. Did laundry.


The day wound down with Luke and the girls playing cards, their new favorite indoor activity.






No comments:

Post a Comment