Friday, January 27, 2012

Up.

I can't braid my hair.  Or style it at all.  I liked it best as a chin-length bob, which corresponds to my blow-dry-and-quickly-flat-iron attention span.  Now that it's long, it's very convenient for work (bun at nape of neck) but the rest of the time it snakes limply, kelp-like, down my back.  Enter two hairstyles that I actually can execute:
Bun Mohawk:



         I do this with wet hair and three bobby pins and then I'm out the door.

Fun Bun:


This gives the allusion of a lot of hair. I had always wondered about this... mystery solved. 
                                           The ballerina bun is mine, all mine!

Photo via

Other little finds:

MAC tinted lipglass in Fresh Air: my mother hates a nude lip so when Robin and I heard her say 'That's a pretty nude lip' we first 1) made sure she had not slipped into a fugue state and 2) bought it.  It's pretty, readers.


Drugstore finds: Because I prowl the endcaps so you don't have to.  Olay Tone Rehab has a nice finish, pump dispenser (keeps rest of product germ-free) and is sunscreen-free (if you wear enough makeup to provide adequate SPF, you are wearing A LOT of makeup); Revlon 3D Volume mascara - forgive the redundancy (of course volume is 3-D), appreciate the nice lashes.

No comments:

Post a Comment