Wednesday, December 12, 2018

Memory Is a Game With Cards


A little bit of life lately...


🏀  "Daddy playing basketball while I ride my bike" - by Clementine (she helpfully indicated the ball's trajectory with arrows. And everyone is drawn with a crown right now).








🐽  When Josie was coloring Pua she said, "I have to go get him to see what he looks like!" And referenced her nude model while she colored.








👾  As we took the Grand exit to go to the Fox to see the Nutcracker, Clem gazed upon Midtown - the brightly lit metro station, the darkened industrial buildings, the hospital in the distance- and said: Is this the future? Are we in the future?!



🎹  Piano with Daddy ....
⌚  Here she explained an art project she made at home, her "wach". I really like this video because it captures not just the artwork but her perfectionism when she finds a flaw ... and then she crumples.








"wach"










🐻  At the Nutcracker at the Fox, inhaling the gummy bears I'd promised as an incentive during the intermission->

Me: What's your favorite part of the show so far?!
Clementine: Right now, eating deez gummy bears.




💌  Josie was the star of the week in her classroom and we had to make a poster with photos and a brief questionnaire. One of the prompts was "what is your favorite memory?" and I knew she wouldn't know that word/concept and if I explained it with an example, it would be coaching her. So I simply asked: "Josie, what is your favorite memory?"

"Memory," she answered thoughtfully, "is a game with cards."



👑 After meeting a new babysitter who told the girls she lived in St. Charles, Clem swanned upstairs and introduced herself as The Queen of St. Charles.







Little baby chanteuse.



💛  And tonight I came home to a little girl in the Love Mask she made in Free Choice. "Did everyone make a mask?" I asked. "No," she said. "I found this paper wif a heart cut out in the art area and the back too ... I think Dylan cut out the heart because he knows how to cut out hearts."




No comments:

Post a Comment