Thursday, January 26, 2017

Resolution Weekend


Selfies with Josie on Friday night.

p.s. I applied this Lancome lipstick, once, around 7:30 am and ate and drank all day and it stayed PUT.


Frozen matching game.


When I started seeing the incredible photos from the Women's March on Saturday, I became mystified and disappointed in myself for not being there. We were swimming at the J.

Photo by JJ Lane.


While the girls napped I went to Costco for brunch supplies. That night I picked Amanda up for our first Dinner & Cultural Event date. Pastaria was too busy so we went down the block to Cantina Laredo. Our Cultural Event this month was a production of the Big Muddy Dance Company, Menagerie. We got very sleepy between acts (pictured below). Neither of us had seen modern dance before - a very successful outing.

p.s. Lipstick is Perricone No Lipstick Lipstick -- looks terrible in the tube, but great in photos?




Sunday was Taste of Costco brunch. Lots of friends, whole/low carb foods plus doughnuts, my parents stopped by, I had a sitter to referee the dozen kids (taking a cue from my role models Mike and Eric) ... fun! Other than getting up early to start the meatballs in the slow cooker at 6:30 am, it was a no-stress event. (Former self would agonize over this sort of thing and find herself making dough requiring two rises at 10 pm ... current self loads up the cart with Costco goodies and has fun at her party, what a paradigm shift).


Josie's smile-for-photos.






That evening I had my first swimming lesson (so many resolutions achieved this weekend!) and put together meals for the week. I wanted to practice between my Sunday and Tuesday lessons - we took the girls swimming at the J after dinner. I was exhausted Monday night - a fun but nonstop weekend, a day of work capped off by practice swimming and swimming with Josie (difficult) ... I fell asleep around 11. Josie woke up at midnight and stayed awake - was awake, playing, talking away despite my pleas that turned into threats - until 6:45 am. I probably catnapped throughout the night but it felt like I didn't sleep at all. I had a workout with Courtney at 6 am which I couldn't miss (and it was fantastic!) - another full day of work - and a swim lesson at 6 pm. It was a very.long.day. (Josie slept from 6:45 - 10:30 am at which point Luke took her to school.  She didn't nap and was, in the words of her teacher, "very disruptive to her classmates" at nap time. After work the little angel and I picked up a Happy Meal which she ate sloooowly at the gym cafe by a sign that I didn't notice until I spread out her food: "no outside food; this cafe is kosher." My apologies, Gym.) She played in the kid area during my swim lesson. We got home, I took a shower and slept from 9:30 pm to 7 am and awoke  feeling wonderful -- maybe more than the 6.5 hours I get a night would be beneficial?!

Anyway I started writing a weekend recap and now it's Thursday. Tonight Luke and I had an in-house movie date night, Hell or High Water, as recommended by PCHH. (We're also watching The Young Pope which is weird and wonderful.) It's a fantastic movie but I wish I had seen it before listening to the podcast because I ended up agreeing with Linda Holmes like I always do. My only criticism: Chris Pine is too handsome for that role. As in, you'd remember that dude because he's beautiful. Watch and we'll discuss.



No comments:

Post a Comment