Tuesday, March 21, 2017

What's Making Me Happy This Week


πŸ‘«  Having Luke back from a successful week of gigs in Texas. The rumble of Vanna White pulling into the parking lot is the sweetest sound. It was a bit of a chaotic week for me, work-wise, and my parents helped out a lot. Thanks, Gamma and Pop Pop!


πŸŒ€ A visit with cousin V. - here, they are transfixed by Moana. (pics by Susie)





πŸ™Œ  InstaCart delivery of Costco staples - same day! $5.99 delivery or $99 annual fee. The shopper texted me during her trip to make sure she was buying the correct meatballs. The availability of this service is a fantastic development!






πŸ˜€ Josie's spontaneous re-telling of a teachable moment at Grandma's house





πŸ”ͺ   Harissa-infused olive oil + carrots. My mother-in-law gave us a basket of food goodies (hot sauces, syrups, chutneys) and I've been roasting the carrots from my CSA share with a spicy olive oil. They are delicious!


🍫  Bissinger's dulce de leche bar: milk chocolate, caramel, cinnamon, and smoked fleur de sel



🏊  C's first dive (more like a push)





🎸 Luke reminded me of seeing David Ramirez perform "Bad Days" in Austin, pre-kids. It's such a great song.





⚡ This weekend's workout entailed a lot of box jumps, which one of the happened-to-be-wandering-by yoga instructors complimented me on then and later, when I saw her in the hallway: "There goes Box Jones!" (which is perfect given my previous post...)  BUUUT box jumps were/are so scary to me (envisioning skinned shins, broken teeth - I jump HARD, people) but I do them!


SaveSave

No comments:

Post a Comment