Tuesday, November 28, 2017

Darndest Things


Mommy and Moi

Luke and Clem were looking at a picture in Highlights and she said, "I like those cruss-taunts."

Luke: What's a cruss-taunt?

C: Cruss-taunts. I had them with Mommy...it was like a hotel but not a hotel and a whole bunch of people were there. I had a cruss-taunt and I liked it.

Luke finally figured out that she was talking about croissants that she had at our friend's high rise condo ("like a hotel but not a hotel") five months ago.



Mirror Mirror

Clem to Josie, after they got dressed for their first playdate with the neighbors: Josie, you look cute! (dashes to bathroom mirror, runs back into bedroom) I look cute too!




Peas and No Thank You

Me, urging Clem to eat her peas: They're good. They're sweet! I bet if you close your eyes they taste like Skittles!

Clem: (closes her eyes, chews slowly) They taste like... the same pea.


Practical Magic

Clem: I keep asking the fairy for my old magic wand and she only brings me chocolate.



Big Box Store

Josie, to Luke during checkout at Walgreens, gesturing to the cashier: She is a girl. She has a vulva... she has a (growling for emphasis) BIIIIG VULVA.


No comments:

Post a Comment