Saturday, February 15, 2014

February Reads



Cover images via Goodreads

Expecting Better: Why the Conventional Pregnancy Wisdom is Wrong - and What You Really Need to Know by Emily Oster  Came across this when googling 'sushi during pregnancy' because I really really want spicy tuna rolls and who better to give me license than the Interwebs?

Anatomies: A Cultural History of the Human Body by Hugh Aldersey-Williams  Read the NYT review here 

Little Failure by Gary Shteyngart   I think I've read some of his short fiction in the New Yorker.

Realizing that I read little to no fiction (I blame the doozies IQ84, The Art of Fielding, and The Marriage Plot over the past year or so), I've decided to read one novel a month.  Of course I finished the January installment in mid-February... I wasn't on board with Sweet Tooth and it was slow going but the denouement was crash bang WOW!

Not sure what to read next -- if I were more organized I'd work from a list of classics or important-novel-of-the-decade or Nobel prize winner bibliographies but I probably should just go into the baby's room and pull a long-ago-purchased, never-read selection from there.  But she's sleeping so I'll get back to watching season two of Girls [me: it's genius, absolute genius.  Luke: it's unwatchable].

No comments:

Post a Comment