Wednesday, September 24, 2014

What's making me happy / 1


NPR's weekly podcast Pop Culture Happy Hour concludes with each panelist talking about 'what's making them happy' this week. I am now appropriating this idea. I've done this before but now we're getting a name and a schedule!

INAUGURAL WHAT'S MAKING ME HAPPY THIS WEEK:

// This AO Scott essay is everything I've wanted to articulate against every 'nag mom, dumb dad' trope on every commercial and stupid sitcom. Plus an examination of the themes of American literature. I so enjoy his writing.

// A man wearing a buffalo sweater:

via

// My friend Emily found a Little Free Library! There are about ten in San Antonio. Doesn't the idea of a little free library warm the cockles of your heart?

// Coen brother movie references in Old Navy dress colors - makes me VERY happy.


The world is in a bad place right now -- what's making you happy in spite of it all? Share!

3 comments:

  1. Awesome. I'm happy about pedicures! Getting one right now while binging on Facebook and Blogs. Making my enormously swollen feet so so happy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. pedicures are good. pedicures while pregnant are DIVINE.

      Delete
  2. I'm happy fall is sorta here and pumpkin patches are opening. I'm happy I get to sleep in a tiny bit tomorrow and spend the weekend with my family. I'm really happy about the fall candles I bought yesterday. It makes me cheerful to sit and watch the flicker of the flame.

    ReplyDelete