Sunday, October 16, 2016

Shopping: MM LaFleur Part Deux


I sent my first Bento box back and MM LaFleur sent me another selection of five items. THESE ARE THEIR STORIES.

Part of MM LaFleur's excellent customer service is the e-mail you receive reminding you it's Day X of your four day try-on. My package was waylaid in our housing complex office and when I replied that I had not received it yet, they gave me an extra day.

Second box contents. These are items selected by a stylist after a questionnaire and informed by the rejects from my first box (nothing tight, nothing short).

I know a more fair assessment would be trying on these clothes NOT after a long day of work and fun night of food and cocktails with friends and having Luke take cell phone pics in the gloom of our living room from a terrible angle but sorry, these are the conditions.

Top and pants.


I could not bend my arms in this shirt (size large).


I would have kept this dress but 1) I have similar items and 2) the pockets make the fabric flare at the hips. Not going for hip-flare.




My "wow this is unflattering face". The facing of this ecru dress showed through more than this photo lets on. To give this a fighting chance I'd ditch the self belt and try with basically any other belt. This looks like the world's laziest tourniquet.


Sooooo I won't order a Bento again. But I'm not giving up on MM LaFleur - I believe in their ethos and mission and am impressed by their customer service. I'm intrigued by these skinny pants with an adjustable hem and midi skirt (love this color).

No comments:

Post a Comment