Thursday, February 12, 2015

Phone Use


My friend Jackie wrote a great blog post about a great idea -- breaking up with your phone.

Following her lead I've been using Moment for three days. And...

Gulp.

For someone who complains about having no time, it would seem I have a LOT of time. At first I thought it was counting the 40 minutes spent listening to an audiobook* on the way home -- but it wasn't. Gulp.

After learning that I pick up my phone up to TWENTY-FIVE TIMES A DAY, I'm trying some new strategies:

1) Consolidating pick-ups. I use MyFitnessPal and instead of making diary entries morsel by morsel, I'm entering after lunch and at the end of the day. Same for e-mail.

2) Not rushing to look up every little curious-to-verify factoid.

3) Catching up on my Feedly feed just once or twice a day, while I'm eating lunch al desko.


*Dear San Antonio Public Library, thank you for your cutting edge digital services.

Phone problems, Valentine edition:

via

No comments:

Post a Comment