Tuesday, December 29, 2015

Christmas Weekend


"TAKE MY PEECHER WITH JOSIE."




Josie had an off-and-on low grade fever so she spent a lot of time like this. Or walking around making sad little whiny noises.


A four day weekend at home with Luke and the girls is a rare treat. (Another one is coming up, but my in-laws will be in town). We finished Transparent - I loved this season. Did anyone else feel very inspired by Gaby Hoffman's eye makeup? I spent a lot of time in the kitchen which was grand - I listened to my favorite podcasts (Serial, Good Food, Pop Culture Happy Hour), the book I'm enjoying so much (Big Magic), and prepared so much food -- sirloin, slow cooker buffalo chicken, roasted veggies, chili, cowboy caviar, jalapeno poppers with no-sugar-added bacon, frittatas.

Christmas morning breakfast was cinnamon rolls a la tube (Immaculate Baking - have you tried them? Delish). Here they are opening two new books, Sleepy Time and Baby Animals by Gyo Fujikawa. My sister-in-law sent Babies, another book by this author and favorite of her kids, when Josie was born and both girls love this book. 

I gave Luke beard grooming products and Bear Paws (how manly!) and he gave me anti-fatigue mats for the kitchen. Which means I stand on anti-fatigue mats at home and at work! If only I could get them for my psyche.


Very pleased with a baby of her own.


A walk on the new trail nearby.


This park is full of air plants.


Probably the only photo I'll ever have in which everyone is looking at the camera and smiling - and I'm wearing a disguise.












Realizing Josie isn't smiling...


Grabs her face.







This was an all-day pj kind of day. Checking out the new Yanaguana playground downtown.








Last weekend her goody bag included a jingle bell on a cord which she immediately dubbed her "step-o-scope", a device she's learned about from Daniel Tiger. Here she's listening to baby's heart as part of "baby's check-up. I'm a dot-ter, like Dot-ter Anna." She's recently learned that I work at the "hahst-eh-bull".


Dinner at Thai Dee. The girls really ran us ragged this day and as Josie banged a fork on the table and Clem squealed over a block that fell to the floor, I lowered my head to my hands and said to Luke, this Christmas is kicking my ass.



ONWARD!

Waving hi to Daddy from a girls' lunch at "Cenner Margawet". Lunch, procurement of milk, bananas, meat.

this is the only place they drink juice, I promise.

With the girls looking wide awake at 7 pm, we took them to Inflatable Wonderland. Every photo of C is a blur but she would like you to know that she's wearing her cat dress and her cat socks.





On the little ride together. C is holding on to Josie, so sweet.

What should I do with Josie's hair?! Trim her bangs? Grow it out and barrette it back?





Josie and her baby.

On Sunday night I wanted to watch Spy. Josie wailed plaintively from her crib for a bit and when we retrieved her, she crawled into my lap and focused on the screen as if we'd been waiting for her to start the movie.


That didn't last for long. She played, she wanted to be held, she wanted down. Here Luke tries to plant the seed of an idea with Sleepy Time.


Hope you are enjoying a wonderful holiday season, friends!

No comments:

Post a Comment