Tuesday, May 3, 2016

New Products


// Dr Dennis Gross Dark Spot Sun Defense SPF 50. I tried this as a sample at Nordstrom and then regretted not buying it halfway home. This sunscreen has very little of the white cast that makes zinc oxide products difficult to wear until makeup. (Beautypedia hates this product - maybe I'll change my mind after a few weeks of use.)

// Urban Decay One and Done - though Armani CC cream remains my all-time fave because the finish and amount of coverage are exactly what I want.

image via

// Urban Decay brush - a weighty, densely bristled brush. I'm debating whether I prefer using this or a BeautyBlender.

// Urban Decay bronzer in Sun-Kissed. As someone with pink skin made more pink by my aggressive skincare regimen, I've finally been forced to admit all the pink lipstick and pink blush I'm drawn to is a terrible idea. This bronzer is much lighter in person.

// Exhibit 2: Pop of Passion Lip-Oil Balm in Nude Passion. Doesn't look at all pink in the tube but goes on lip color.

image via

// Smith & Cult Tainted lip gloss. I like it for the texture (not tacky or too shiny, the reasons I dislike most lip gloss) and slight stain but love it for the website descriptions of the two shades:

When I wait, hoping for them to come back, I am stuck watching a parade of work out clothes and mindless ensembles that only make me realize I may never see my perfect, color coordinated, quiet couple again.

 It smelled like cotton candy, not in the gross way, but like a puffy sweet pink cloud.

// Tom Ford Burnished Copper creme eye color - doesn't crease much even without a primer.

image via


// R+Co dry shampoo paste - dry shampoo in a paste form that's great but would be perfect if I could get my learning-to-do-face-framing-braids game together.


via GIPHY

No comments:

Post a Comment