Friday, November 18, 2016

What's Making Me Happy This Week


Well, I'm still pretty disconsolate about the election but there's still good stuff going on in my echo chamber and beyond:


image via




// Josie eating SO many pieces of calamari at dinner on Wednesday. Each bite got a dedicated dip in the aioli.



// Finally finishing Mr Bridge. I've checked out Mr Bridge and Mrs Bridge at least three times from the library over the last 18 months but never read them. DONE! (They're not long books or difficult reads, they just slipped lower and lower on the to-do list). I highly recommend them - they feel very current despite being set in the 1930s and 40s and written a couple of decades later. The next book I want to read (number of check outs so far: 2) is Patient H.M.: A Story of Memory, Madness, and Family Secrets.




image via

// This week I learned that your finger can serve as a polarizer if you have a microscope that will allow you to wave your finger between the light source and the stage. WHUT. I had no idea.


// Happy Friday!



No comments:

Post a Comment