Wednesday, November 30, 2016

What's Making Me Happy This Week


This series takes its name from the Pop Culture Happy Hour segment, but a better name would be what's making me happy/think harder/squeeze my kids/think before I talk/etc...

// Yesterday I saw one of my favorite Nordstrom salespeople and he told me "my news... I have Stage IV lung cancer." He is in treatment and working and feeling great. The last time I saw him was a couple of weeks ago when I was moping around the day after the election, feeling sorry for myself and the country and he told me then "everything's going to be fine. It really is." Now I know that he had the diagnosis of lung cancer a month before cheering up maudlin, oh-woe-is-me. His sanguinity is remarkable and if I could have just an ounce of it I'd be a much better person. (I would have throttled me.)

I hugged him three times. He smelled wonderful.

On a happier note...

// Dinner with friends tonight!

// Making a list of STL holiday destinations:

Brewery lights

Zoo lights

Garden Glow

Tilles Park Winter Wonderland

Nutcracker ballet (have our tickets already and have watched the Mariinsky production at least 75 times since last November).

Miracle Bar --- a pop up Christmas bar!!!

Candy Cane Lane in St. Louis Hills

🎄 Anything else we can't miss? 🎄

No comments:

Post a Comment