Tuesday, February 14, 2017

Chick Time


I was really looking forward to some downtime this weekend. Josie had an intermittent fever that had her feeling mopey one minute and restored to full-speed antics 15 minutes after a dose of Tylenol.

Looking like a sweet little angel baby:




Pre-Tylenol:




On Saturday C and I went to the gym and Target for Valentine's supplies for their classes. I spent a ridiculous amount on new additions to the the accessories basket but they were so delighted it was worth it (echoing the sentiment of every parent at Disney World).









Luke covered a shoebox with wrapping paper and stickers for Josie's valentines; I addressed Clem's valentines (painstakingly; my handwriting is atrocious and devolving). Records played while we worked at the dining room table: Margo Price's Midwest Farmer's Daughter and Supertramp's Breakfast in America.

I drank a lot of iced coffee with cream that day, played with the girls, wrote a blog post, laughed with Luke, and stayed up too late watching Loving and Saturday Night Live.


Sunday: Lady Date #2: To Kill A Mockingbird at the Repertory Theatre. I thought the production, the acting, the singing of the Greek chorus-like "Community" - were astounding. Showing now through March 5 -- go, go, go, St Louisans!




Afterwards, I met Amanda's baby chicks!






She tells me they will be highly productive layers. Eggcellent.

I am fascinated by backyard chicken keeping and can't wait to watch Amanda tend her flock - and I'm so proud of her for doing something she's always wanted to do.

Buy some chicks! Talk to strangers! Do Zumba! What comfort zone stretching activity are you up to these days?

No comments:

Post a Comment