Friday, November 18, 2011

Now That's What I Call 90's


In a high school English class we wrote a series of poems or short stories: our lives up til that point.  Mine opened with the statement 'Always wear comfortable shoes' and I still have it somewhere at my parents' house.  Two notable things: I still favor the Book Antigua font of the cover page, and I am still an unapologetic lover of comfortable shoes, and applaud my 17 year old self for such a sensible if stolid credo.  Like these Indigo over the knee boots, Born booties (vaguely Doc Martenish, with all of the arch support and none of the teen angst) and these devilishly sweet Vince Camuto flats.

Our grocery store has guacamole fixin' (avocado, onion, tomatoes) stations situated around the store, in the case the fancy strikes - they are even positioned near the registers in the impulse buy zone of candy, gum and magazines.  This regional quirk makes me smile and enjoy even more this mod guacamole print.

And now, fun for fun's sake:

for the lovably lazy person in your life.

Neon Fair Isle sweater - so cute, no?

This dress looks suspiciously like a dirndl, which is to say I want it.

pretty pajamas


Fear squirrelly, unruly paperwork no more.

Speaking of twee office supplies, I don't know why this has to exist but it's awfully cute. 

 
And finally, the current cover of Texas Monthly in all its rise-and-shine glory: note Texas-shaped pat of butter.




Happy weekend from my 17 year old self! 






No comments:

Post a Comment