Friday, December 9, 2011

Leather and Lace

Confession: I love the duet Leather and Lace.  Such an ingenious use of masculine/feminine attributes (leather/lace) and invocation of tactile sense, not often referenced or conjured up in song. 

And when I saw Luke for the first time in St Louis, I thought:

                                But I carry this feeling
                                When you walked into my house
                                That you won't be walking out the door.

Also just love leather and lace.  As textiles.  So click play and browse!






New Year's Eve 1990: my mom asked what we wanted for our special 'stay-up-late' food, I requested egg salad; it became somewhat of a tradition (plus cocktail shrimp, my dad's favorite.  Cholesterol, schmesterol).  Perhaps this lovely lace egg treatment will proceed the inaugural Texas NYE batch of egg salad. (tutorial here) 



Do you or I need this purse?   It's leath-uh, it has a tassel, it's called Pumpkin Attack!  So yes.

or perhaps the crossbody or hip sack.  'Fanny pack' is a disparaging and pejorative term that we should abandon posthaste!


I love craft paper and how it pulls off polish and plainness all at once.  It is good for everything: table coverings (for weddings - ours and Tom and Amanda's), surface protection during hot glue gun projects, packaging materials... so versatile, it possesses dressed up rustic chic with the mere addition of trimming:


Images via Pinterest

So sweet, so effortless.  It's the Mason jar of packaging.

And how about black lace tape on a plain pale pink or white paper?... all of sudden lacy gets racy.  So perfect for a bachelorette gift.



For Sunday brunch with a little bit of Saturday night:

lace sunglasses

Lace for screens!
Image via Pinterest


parenthetically: those purple-red variegated colors remind me of a beta fish


And finally, boots to make Stevie proud.


 I close with the part that is especially good for singing in the car:

                       Lovers forever... face to face
                       My city or mountains
                       Stay with me stay
                       I need you to love me [sing really loudly here]
                       I need you today
                       Give to me your leather...
                       Take from me... my lace

No comments:

Post a Comment