Monday, December 26, 2011

Let's Go to Luckenbach, Texas

Dec 26th, this two-person party train just keeps a'rollin'...

We had lunch with Dave and Karen Spence, old friends from St Louis.  Dave was a year ahead of me in residency and I am much indebted to him for teaching so much at the microscope and at the grossing bench.  Lunch at Chacho's:

I had quesadillas too!

Dave and Karen
Making tortillas, which were fantastic
On the way to lunch Luke suggested we take a day trip; afterwards we headed out to Fredericksburg, a little German-founded town about 65 miles northwest of SA. We listened to some country music:



And shopped the main street:


Couldn't agree more.

At Java Ranch, a coffee shop

Trying on new shirt.

Feeling very sartorially inspired by Deadwood.

And Linda Perry
A music store:






Discussing the dobro
Then off to Luckenbach, about 10 miles from Fredericksburg:




2012: Year of the Top Hat?








New hat in shadow




Dance hall


The day's purchases: plaid shirt with snap buttons, a tambourine, a harmonica and a vaguely Argentinian hat I can envision myself wearing while galloping across the pampas.  A most successful day.

3 comments:

  1. All sorts of cool! I SO wish I knew how to play the guitar...why oh why was I such a lazy music student when I was a kid?

    ReplyDelete