Wednesday, October 8, 2014

What's Making Me Happy / 3


What's making me happy this week...

// Giorgio Armani Sí perfume. Haven't bought new perfume in years (in fact the only other one I own is Chanel Allure Sensuelle love it love it love it always and forever) and I smelled Sí on a strip in a magazine and went for it! I feel so elegant.


// This blurb from Robert Duvall's interview in the New York Times Magazine. Miller Lyte?! Sometimes I think we have too much freedom in America.


// Amal Alamuddin's style. The new Mrs Clooney (by the way, the old Mrs. Clooney plays Roger's ex-wife on Mad Men opposite her real-life husband John Slattery - yes, you want me on your Trivial Pursuit team for those pink pieces) wears weird haute couture man shoes and also ball gowns and that cream jumpsuit with a hat! Perfection. Outta the way, George, you're ruining the pictures of Amal.


// 'Look at this!' I said on Monday, showing Luke NPR's Instagram animation of the lunar eclipse (screen shot here). 'So cool!' ... 'What is it?' he asked. 'A description of the lunar eclipse.' I replied.




'Oh... I thought you were showing me some weird graph of your period*....

Like your umbra was bleeding and your penumbra was revitalizing.'

*something I would do and probably have done now that I think about it

That man makes me laugh. Have a great day everybody! Did you see the eclipse this morning? I got up at 5:15 to see it and take a slow jog around the neighborhood. The morning was muggy and warm and cloudy but at last the clouds parted and I was able to see it for a few minutes. It was magical. My penumbra is revitalized.

The clouds covered the moon again and I jogged on, asking the other early morning joggers like the good little hall monitor that I am, 'DID YOU SEE THE ECLIPSE?!'

photo edited a bit, too dark otherwise. Not taken from prison, this is the high school stadium fence.

No comments:

Post a Comment