Tuesday, November 4, 2014

Halloween Weekend

Now for the most fun weekend I have almost NO pictures of!

Jenny and Amy flew to SATX for the Halloween weekend. After meeting up on Friday afternoon we headed to the Riverwalk to see Luke play the Arneson theatre at the Halloween river parade. I put Josie in an embroidered shirt + flower headband to recreate Baby Frida but C pulled her sister's headband off immediately, so no costumes. (But I have big plans for these girls involving Thanksgiving).

Saturday: We went to the farmer's market where C swiped a $3 muffin while I was buying a berry turnover (I'm going to hire her, said the baker). After admiring these boots and having brunch at La Fonda on Main, it was back home to drop off Wolf 1 for a nap so we could shop Costco unencumbered (you wanna party? Visit Casa H). That night we strolled over to Lincoln Heights for Orderup and gelato.

Sunday: Brunch at Central Market (best brunch in town by me), Brackenridge Park for Toddler Wear-Out activities, activewear shopping at Lucy, and margaritas on the patio at Urban Taco.






Not pictured: belly laughs, naming the chapters of our memoirs (this chapter of my life will be titled Poop on My Tunic, which Jenny sang to the tune of 'Tears on My Pillow'), planning Amy's wedding*, listening raptly to Amy's ob/gyn stories (you will never ever top those) and Jenny's dating tales (ditto).

CONFIDENTIAL TO YOU-KNOW-WHO-YOU-ARE: We're waaaaaaaaaaaaiting.

It was just so good.

After dropping the girls off at the airport, we took an impromptu trip to Gruene.






I wish I could Groundhog Day this weekend!

Past weekends: Jenny and Amy in SATX and Palm Springs. Where will be next??

1 comment:

  1. There are few things better than visits from old friends. So glad you guys had a nice time.

    ReplyDelete