Tuesday, May 12, 2015

What's Making Me Happy

// Wolf Hall. Berrie Hardymon recommended this Masterpiece Theatre production on Pop Culture Happy Hour (small batch episode here) and because I love all of her recommendations, or think that I would if I actually got around to reading a book, I bought the series for $14.99 to watch on my tablet in my adjustable bed, as all Masterpiece Theatre should be consumed. Six episodes, loved it, can't wait for the next installment. Thomas Cromwell is such an interesting, opaque, inscrutable protagonist. I hope you watch and enjoy it! (Also makes me very, very, very glad to be living in the present day). In the meantime, I'd like to read or listen to Hilary Mantel's Man Booker Prize-winning books, Wolf Hall and Bring Up the Bodies.



// Hautelook. I've had this app on my phone for a while and didn't realize its terrible power until recently. Deeply discounted goods that change almost daily. For an impulsive-compulsive shopper like moi, it is irresistible. GIRLS JUST WANNA HAVE FUNDS. So far I've found bought (I've found many, many things) a few things for the girls and a black lace maxi dress to wear to an upcoming wedding (I'm going with your boho theme, Amy!). This dress is maybe a little bit Morticia Adams and I texted a pic of it to my sister, adding I was going to find coordinating Wednesday Adams outfits for the girls and she replied:




Cockold = careful, which C says at least 50 times a day.

So this was a twofer, Hautelook and the belly laugh I got out of the Edward Scissorhands costume.


// This simile (Will Leitch, New York magazine May 4-7, 2015) ... is like trying to catch a hummingbird with chopsticks.

I can't say I finished the article, because, sports.


// Terra chips, all kinds but especially the OG.

// I was recognized for an essay I submitted!

// Skillet spinach pie from One Pot, best right out of the oven with the shatteringly crisp phyllo but perfectly good reheated. I ate it for breakfast all last week.

1 comment:

  1. Love all this! I want to watch Wolf Hall, but I don't want to pay for it. . .

    ReplyDelete