Monday, March 7, 2016

Botanical Garden / Doughnut Drive Through


Saturday was the opening day of a Storybook House exhibit at the Botanical Garden.



















DON'T WANT MY PICTURE.




Eating a snack, mollified.
















Trying to get a photo with Josie:






Got it... sort of.



Lunch at Cenner Margwet.



C's 'photo face' looks like a post (much denied) facelift Rene Zellweger.



Raptly watching The Little Mermaid.


On Sunday I hustled the girls out of the house, all of us pajama-clad (though I was wearing the sweats I refer to as 'performance lounge') so Luke could sleep.

I WANT A PINK OR PUPPLE DOUGHNUT. PINK IS MY FAVE-WIT COLOR PUPPLE IS MY FAVE-WIT COLOR.


Josie's pre-nap stare (thanks for the mirror rec, Becky!)

Funny story about Becky: I was directed to her blog by a Missouri co-worker after I moved to Texas. When Becky said she and her family were moving back to St Louis, I told my STL friends they should meet her (fun! kids the same age!) but... they already knew her?! In an unrelated way from my co-worker. Weird huh? Then this weekend Becky commented on an Instagram photo of an STL photographer that I follow whose wife works with Judith my STL esthetician and friend... what? Anyway, new friends, if you're reading this, I'm excited to meet you in the backwards-modern way (digital then (gag me) IRL)


The doughnut and iced coffee (McDonald's has a sugar free version, checks <---> balances) errands only took about 30 minutes and with Josie asleep and C happily chattering away and singing, I went into Nap Shark mode. A Nap Shark has to keep moving lest the kids wake up. A Nap Shark spends an hour driving around Alamo Heights, thinking of other drive-through possibilities. (I never appreciated drive-throughs before I had children; now much of my daily life is plotted around them).



Later in the day we went to the gym. Here's Betty Draper - all cat-eyes, white gloves, and emotional lability.



We went to Whole Earth Provisions for Keens for Josie and a new pair for Clem, but left with these. Naturally. SO SPARK-A-WEE! She's very into pattern recognition now - this morning she scooped up all of her spark-a-wee pairs (count: four) to show me.

No comments:

Post a Comment