Friday, March 4, 2016

March Goals


First week of March - time for a rundown of my February goals.

// 15 gym visits.YES! Excellent iron class attendance this month.

// Yoga 15 times and TRXing. Not even close.

// Two dates. We went to a play and one brunch date.

// Weekly meal prep. Doing great here which is having profound impacts on my stress level and mood.

 // Read one child development/parenting book a week. Sorry kids, Mommy would rather focus on her own brain development and read the New Yorker.

via GIPHY
 
// Make a photo book and order prints. I ordered prints for myself and my grandma with Social Print Studio.
// Wear the makeup I purchased in Seattle. A bit. Really liking Robin's favorite of 10 years, Prunella eyeliner.

I'm really, really annoyed at the yoga/TRX not happening. But here's how most nights go: C is in bed by 9:00. I try to pack their lunches while I'm making dinner because there's just something a little soul-crushing about this particular task at night. Ideally I'd be in bed by 9:30 so I can get up at 4:30 but no - dishwashing or Instagramming or laundry folding happens. Blah blah blah I've already talked about this. Nobody has any time so I don't know what I'm complaining about.

March goals are pretty modest due to two upcoming trips and vein ablation which requires that I take two weeks off from vigorous exercise.

// Keep up with meal prep and gym attendance. One lesson I gleaned from Gretchen Rubin's Better Than Before was the careful maintenance of good habits because of their fragility. (Also: the seeming unshakeability of bad habits). Though I can't lift weights or run after my leg procedure, I plan to get up at 4:30, go to Alamo 180, don a reflective vest, and walk (this is what I did in December after my right leg was zapped) to stay in the habit because it is REALLY EASY to not wake up so early.

// My procedure is in the third week of March which means I should get in plenty of yoga and TRX sessions beforehand! Wouldn't it be great if I could stop talking about this?!

//  Read those parenting books dammit.

// Make a photo book. As in, the easiest photo book ever. So often I let perfect be the enemy of good and have such analysis paralysis that nothing happens at all, much less something short of good or perfect. I'm embracing Alison's 2016 motto:

via The Alison Show
Just pick some photos and print it out. I'm going to love it regardless of effort expended! (ps Alison's IG feed is hysterical).

// Read The Life-Changing Magic of Tidying Up to prepare for Elise's visit. (The book I have downloaded is The Life-Changing Magic of Not Giving a F*ck: How to Stop Spending Time You Don't Have with People You Don't Like Doing Things You Don't Want to Do -- sounds like a better read, no?)


No comments:

Post a Comment