Sunday, September 11, 2016

Birthday Weekend



Luke's birthday weekend kicked off with our new tradition of Indian Friday -- delectable takeout from the place around the corner. Luke placed our order and while it was being made we picked up food for the weekend at Dierbergs. Luke's parents arrived that evening from Michigan for a birthday visit.

Breakfast at Le Bonne Bouchee.


Close-up of Josie relishing that roll. Notice anything else funny in this photo? (Answer below).



The girls zipped around the front of the restaurant describing the cookies and cakes. They picked out a cow and a horse sugar cookie.




To the Loop for a stroll and some record shopping.



While the girls napped, Pat and I conducted reconnaissance at a nearby jeweler - I want to design a necklace with Luke and the girls' initials that I will wear everyday. Something kind of like this? In the meantime I'll be wearing this.

Laumeier Sculpture Park with glorious weather.



























Pretending to eat grass.




This eyeball... shudder.









Dierbergs dinner at home (pulled pork-and-sweet peppers quesadilla) and a Silky's run for dessert.

The next morning we walked to the Olive Street Cafe.





We had a great, low key visit with Pat and John. After brunch Josie and I went to Nordstrom and Macy's to make some returns / eat some Annie's cheddar bunnies - sip a mocha banana ice storm with a shot of espresso / begin the process of finding a decent bra. As happens every couple of years, everything in my underwear drawer has become ill-fitting and turned greige. I decided I hated underwires last year and in some ways that makes shopping very easy, because almost all bras have them. I thought I've written about this before and by searching my blog, it turns out I have, right down to the ice storm. Consistency. Anyway, I ended up buying a bra with an underwire because guess what WIRELESS BRAS DON'T DO THE JOB OF A BRA. Riveting stuff, I know.

In other news I've discovered eBay about 17 years after everyone else and when the UPS dust settles I'll share my finds.

Whew, you made it! The other funny thing about Josie's photo is the doorstop she brought with her. ("BROKE!" she said.)
SaveSave

2 comments:

  1. I love the silhouette photos! And eBay. It's the BEST!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I haven't worn this brand since I was preggo and boobs are now of a much less impressive size, but the Bralleluia by Spanx was great! Smooth back, latches in front, approx $50 six years ago. (Am currently wearing gap body bra older than my girls ages combined, but I like what I like and they don't make them anymore.) I also tried the no wire route with a Hanky Panky Bralette - not as alluring in post- breastfeeding real life.

    ReplyDelete