Monday, June 26, 2017

Anniversary Weekend


// With Luke at a gig on Friday night, the girls and I went to Amanda's to meet her kittens! The girls were thrilled.

// A Saturday afternoon visit to Novel Neighbor in Webster Groves. Luke bought Homo Deus, I ordered my latest library check-out cookbook and bought some books for the girls and for gifts.

// I was really proud of the girls' dinner on Saturday: steak, cherry tomatoes, corn on the cob ("Pwain. I don't like butter or doz spwinkles [salt]." - Clementine), farm share blueberries (Josie), a hard-boiled egg minus the yolk (Josie), half of an avocado sprinkled with Maldon salt (again, Josie).

// Sunday: 6th anniversary plus a baby shower for a good friend! On the way home from the shower I bought ingredients for tamarind chicken thighs (I had ordered the tamarind already) at Lucky's Market. Set up the marinade mise en place for Clementine (fish sauce, soy sauce, tamarind concentrate, honey, red pepper flakes, toasted sesame oil):




Voila! Sprinkled with raw jalapeƱo (SO hot) and sprigs of cilantro.


(We also made brownies).


Jenny came over for dinner plus whole fruit margaritas. I used the rest of the lime I had zested for the marinade and felt like a Real Cook for a second.


While we visited I made the rest of our food for the week: pork tenderloin with an ancho-cocoa rub, green beans, bacon and eggs, blistered sweet peppers.

// When I was away at the shower Luke cleaned the entire house and folded and put away (!) all the laundry. I made him spicy food. We speak each other's love languages.



Anniversaries: 2012 - 2013 - 2014 - 2015 - 2016 / 2016 (anniversary trip to Montreal)

No comments:

Post a Comment