Wednesday, December 26, 2012

30 Days with a Grateful Heart: Day I Forget


Behind on the posts, not on the gratitude.

Today goes out to America's Test Kitchen/ Cook's Illustrated/ Cook's Country publications and DVDs for teaching me how to cook.  Everyone has their own learning style and presenting cooking in a rigorous, explanation-heavy, chemistry-is-the-science-of-pouring manner works for me.  I will never be an improvisational cook and that is fine with me.  I am very good at following directions.

The day after tomorrow I am hosting a small dinner party with the help of The Best Make-Ahead Recipe, the Family Baking Book, and the America's Test Kitchen Menu books, all recipes I have never tried before (advance apologies to Chip and Joy, guests/test subjects).


Christopher Kimball, you may be a driven and somewhat peculiar megalomaniac, but from one empiricist to another, I owe you big time.

via
 

No comments:

Post a Comment