Monday, December 31, 2012

Caribbean Thanksgiving


OVERDUE POST: Thanksgiving cruise with my parents and sister and brother-in-law, on the world's largest passenger ship, the Allure of the Seas (so massive it has an ice skating rink that I didn't even see during my week onboard.)

Highlights: spending a week with nuthin to do but hang out with my family; great entertainment (Chicago the musical, diving/acrobatic show a la Cirque du Soleil, hilarious comedians); trivia competitions; celebrating my dad's birthday; fabulous dining (with our very sweet Romanian waiter, Elena, who on the last night - after several nights of steering me clear of 'food that isn't good for the baby' -- said that she and her husband have been trying for years to get pregnant and then said, "I just touch for a second, for luck" - and touched my belly, which I thought was very poignant and bittersweet); Luke winning the karaoke competition!!!

The gang in the Central Park area (a floating garden!)















Aquatic ampitheatre where football games were broadcast on Thanksgiving Day:


Karaoke competition:






Mom and I relax onboard while in Mexico:


Watching another ship leave port at sunset:






The boys zipline and raft in Jamaica:









 

No comments:

Post a Comment