Thursday, June 25, 2015

What's Making Me Happy This Week


// The Hats of Ascot. Let's have a party like THIS! 

// Culottes! I knew they were having a moment when I searched 'culotte' at Nordstrom.com and almost every pair was more than $200. (Similar searches: 'cape', 'capelet') New York mag discusses them here.

// This little dog - no collar, no leash - was waiting for his person in the bed of a truck at the YMCA at 7:30 a.m.

there's a water bowl and it wasn't hot yet, don't freak out.



// RED VELVET ISN'T A THING. The red velvet rant on Orange Is the New Black is exactly how I feel about red velvet, blech blech blech.




// I have a few episodes to go with the season of OITNB and I am loving it. Because

Less Piper, more everyone else
More back stories
More making me thinking about mothers and mothering
More Black Cindy and Taystee, two of my favorite actresses. And Morello!
So many sly little jokes
Multidimensional characters - no one is 100% bad or 100% good

// Hanging out with these turkeys on Father's Day. We walked to Torchy's for tacos. (C on the green chile queso: I LIKE IT.)








At our private playground, Burger King.




At Mommy's playground, Central Market.



1 comment: